Country manuals for cross-border financial issues
The legal and reputational risks associated with cross-border financial services have soared in recent years
The legal and reputational risks associated with cross-border financial services have soared in recent years, largely because many countries began enforcing laws more rigorously after the financial crisis. Banks, broker-dealers and other financial institutions that provide services and products from their home jurisdiction into other countries must comply with the rules of the host country. To manage the risks, every financial institution needs a robust cross-border framework that defines market-specific requirements for products and services.
How we can help
With a market-proven methodology and a strong international network, Platis – Anastassiadis & Associates is well-positioned to help financial institutions:
- Assess their legal frameworks and the risks associated with their current or future cross-border business setup
- Establish or improve frameworks to support compliance with applicable regulations
Our professionals can provide country manuals to detail how to perform cross-border activities to manage compliance with foreign regulations. These manuals can be easily implemented as policies and may be tailored to your needs. Our other services include training and certification of employees, an alert system to detect changes, analysis of specific topics and advice on cross-border matters.
Through benefitting from our broad experience, financial institutions can build and sustain a cross-border framework to manage compliance with foreign laws and regulations. Our country manuals feature details on over 100 countries, and they:
- Thoroughly explain local laws and regulations
- Undergo frequent updates to stay current on regulatory developments
- Offer guidance on implementing measures to execute their cross-border business
- Enable financial institutions to identify and control cross-border risks
- Help stakeholders manage upcoming issues by freeing them from the time-consuming task of continually keeping up with changing laws and regulations
In addition, our firm has a strong international network of highly skilled professionals who can support clients whenever they need.