At EY, we are devoted to helping clients keep pace with the constant market and regulatory developments in the Greek energy sector, while also enabling entry into new markets and the deployment of emerging new technologies.
Our dedicated energy law team consists of lawyers highly experienced in Energy and Environmental Regulation, M&As and Joint Ventures, Project Finance, Project Development and Operation, Real Estate and Infrastructure. We offer advice tailored to the needs of energy companies, investors, buyers, developers, contractors, and lenders, as well as utilities and public entities.
At EY, we leverage our strong teaming culture across the EY network and integrate our legal expertise with energy professionals across the globe and across multidisciplinary sectors to provide our clients with comprehensive advisory and transactional support.
Our areas of focus include:
- Renewables (Wind, Solar, Hydro, Hybrid, Biomass)
- Energy Storage
- New Technologies (Carbon Capture and Storage, Hydrogen)
- Clean Fuels and Electromobility
- Power and Gas Offtake (Power Purchase Agreements, Market Participation, Contracts for Difference), Guarantees of Origin
- Heat and Power Cogeneration (CHP)
- Oil and Gas
- Waste to Energy
- Renewable Energy Communities
- Renewable Energy Self-Consumption and Net-Metering
What we can do for you:
- Legal Due Diligence
- Regulatory and transactional support throughout the lifecycle of a project, including licensing and key ancillary contracts (e.g., grid connection agreements, construction and maintenance contracts, development services agreements, asset management agreements)
- Legal support in energy sale, purchase, trading and supply agreements across the sector
- Project finance and green bonds
- Regulatory and day-to-day legal advice for energy projects and energy companies
- Legal support in tender and privatization procedures
- Client representation before administrative and regulatory authorities