Environment and Natural Resources
At EY Law, we understand the fast-moving pace of legal developments concerning the management and protection of natural resources and the natural and cultural environment.
Our highly specialized Environmental Law team will assist you in navigating the constantly evolving regulatory landscape to achieve regulatory compliance, minimize transactional and reputational risk and become better aware of sustainability considerations.
For this purpose, we are able to combine our unique legal skills with sector-specific insight and our singular understanding of the business and commercial landscape, as well as leverage legal and technical expertise from the wider EY network. Also, our Environmental Law practice complements our work relating to energy transactions and projects, in particular, through providing legal advice during the acquisition and development of various types of energy projects.
Our focus areas include:
- Waste and Packaging Management
- Value Chain and Biodiversity
- Water Management
- Circular Economy Technologies
- ESG, Taxonomy, Sustainable Finance
- Decarbonization of Infrastructure (e.g. green buildings)
What we can offer you:
- Due Diligence
- Legal support throughout the lifecycle of a project, i.e., from investment placement and financing to licensing and permitting through to decommissioning
- Advisory services in relation to project finance and sustainability-linked bonds
- Regulatory and day-to-day legal support for projects and corporates
- Legal advice during tender and privatization procedures
- Legal support on ESG and corporate sustainability matters (compliance, due diligence)
- Legal Risk Assessment
- Comparative Regulatory Analyses
- Client representation before administrative and regulatory authorities